Thursday, January 3, 2013

And so it begins!

Bonjour from Paris!

I only have 30 minutes of wifi so I gotta make this quick, but wow today was not what I expected at all! First of all the text messages, phone calls, facebook posts, and tweets of encouragement have been UNBELIEVABLE! I mean I knew I had amazing friends, but WOW guys! Even though it may have just been a quick simple prayer for me, God heard that and helped me so much so thank you so much! All of my best friends and family came to see me off at the airport which was obviously difficult, but I had this peace over me after I said my finals goodbye and besides flying away from the mountains, I haven't been sad since! I feel so ready for adventure and to meet new people and most importantly  to be the hands and feet of our healer Jesus Christ!

I am sitting at the gate waiting to board my flight to Conakry (the capital of Guinea). I am so sad that the first time I go to Paris, I am stuck in the airport by myself for 4 hours just sitting here knowing one of the most beautiful cities in the world is less than 10 miles away from me! I am coming back here one day and enjoying the actual city! Y'all this airport is UNREAL! Everything is a million times fancier than anything in America. They have a billion cappuccino vending machine maker thingys and every duty free shop is like walking into the nicest store in America. I went into this liquor store and never in my life did I think liquor could actually look beautiful, but it did! Everything is so fancy and high tech. I've heard like 12 different languages (none of which I understand). French is such a beautiful language and I am pumped I get to hear it in Guinea as well!

The Lord has prepared me so well for this journey! I was so scared to travel by myself across the world, but this day has been so joyous and awesome! God is so big and so good. Gosh I am so overwhelmed by how beautiful He is and all of the creations He makes! Your prayers help so much and keep praying for me! A prayer for this continued adventurous and peaceful attitude to continue! A prayer for Christ to consume me and when I meet new people and situations, for Him to be seen, heard, and felt, not me. Also a prayer for a safe rest of my trip and for my luggage to arrive promptly! Y'all are the best. Thank you so much for everything.

Au Revoir!


1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhh Im so excited to follow you're blog!! Have so much fun and I cant wait to read all about it! I had goosebumps the entire time i was reading this! Have fun and be safe!

    xoxoxo

    Alli McLaughlin!

    ReplyDelete