Sunday, September 1, 2013

He who has called us is faithful!

WOW!!!! So I am just still in shock by The Lords faithfulness and provision in my life! As most of you know I began fundraising for this upcoming mission trip in mid June and it had me extremely stressed out and worried. I needed $10,000 in about three months, how impossible does that seem? Well through God's provision and the unbelievable generosity of my friends and family, $10,185 has been conjured up in about 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought for sure that I would still be fundraising up until the last deadline in November, but God has just rocked my world and revealed to me that He is sovereign in every aspect and that "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:9). While I was in Africa I knew that I would be doing YWAM and one of my favorite songs/prayers at the time was "Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders, let me walk upon the water wherever you would call me. Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander and my faith will be made stronger in the presence of my Savior." (Oceans by Hillsong). God heard and answered this prayer. I was put in a situation that had me walking on the waters of faith and He took me deeper and to a whole new level of trust and my faith has been made stronger in His presence because of His unceasing presence! How awesome is God!!!!! Thank you to everyone for y'alls encouragement, support, generosity, and prayers!

It's pretty confusing what I will be doing and where I will be these next few months so I'll keep y'all updated on here as well as Facebook (got to love social networks, right?). 

Currently: I am in Fresno, California. I left Asheville August 30th and flew out to Cali because my dad lives here! I will be in California until September 26th. On September 26th I will fly out to Kona, Hawaii to begin my journey with YWAM (Youth With A Mission). 

I haven't seen my dad since I graduated high school in June 2012 so it is awesome to spend time with him and I'm hoping to shadow him at work a little while I'm here as well! (He is a Pediatrician and works in the Intensive Care Unit). 

I am completely in awe with God right now and I hope that my testimony can resinate with you and show you that our God is living and that "He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it." (1 Thessalonians 5:24)



"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations." Psalms 89:1


No comments:

Post a Comment