Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Typical Day

My life in sounds...


    • Drums beating to African worship music  
    •  "Crew, this is the Captain speaking...."
    • Metal pots clanging in the Galley 
    •  Mosques calling people to pray 
    • PSquare 'Chop My Money'   
    •  "Eh, this is Africa" - everyone
    • Chris Tomlin worship music blasting in the Galley 
    •  French...it never stops 
    •  Children yelling "Fote, fote!"
    •  My friend Jeanna yelling "WHAT?!??!"
    •  Ocean waves crashing at Roome Island 
    •  Broken english (How di bodi?) 
    • "Bonsoir, c'est va?" 
    • Laughing children as I attempt to speak Susu (the local language)
    •  My friend Daniel saying "Sollllyy" 
    •  A fútbol game on T.V. 
    •  "I'm getting so fat" - everyone on the ship   
    •  My boss singing at the top of his lungs 
    •  Crying children 
    • My extremely loud phone vibrating thus waking me up 

"Again he appoints a certain day, “Today,” saying through David so long afterward, in the words already quoted, 'Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.'" Hebrews 4:7
 

No comments:

Post a Comment